Topping Up My Tanks

i3lade4life

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I have been keeping fish for a couple of years now and Ive got a few tanks now. I never really thought twice about topping my tanks up with tap water but a friend of mine has told me it isnt good for them. Whats the best thing to use? Especially for a fry tank?
P.S I dont really have much room for a full R.O setup
 
Nothing wrong with tap water, dechlor it 1st of course, although if its just a small amount of water, I dont bother with dechlor either.
 
what would you suggest for the dechlor? in the past I have left a bucket of water overnight at room temp, will this do the job? or do I need some kind of treatment?
 
what would you suggest for the dechlor? in the past I have left a bucket of water overnight at room temp, will this do the job? or do I need some kind of treatment?

there are loads of de chlorinating chemicals you can get, API, KingBritish...... all of which can be bought from your LFS

Its not marine is it?
 
get a big bottle of pond dechlorinator, it works out at about 10ml per 200L so lasts ages
 
Some of the chemical syou can get remove chlorines and cholramines aswell as binding up heavy metals in the water and other mateials that can be toxic to fish.

I use the API and king british ones, the king british one is a large 1000ml bottla and uses .1ml per 100L so lasts forever :)
 
i use tetra aquasafe cause i got it with the tank and it seemed to do the job so i have been getting it ever since
 

Most reactions

Back
Top