Too cute to pass up. :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jaylach

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I'm almost positive I'm going to get this thing; I just can't resist. ;) Retails at $179.99 but New Egg has it for $119.99. Watching the video on it it performs much better than one would expect. It is a micro computer with 128GB storage with a slot for up to 1TB, 6GB RAM and a 4 core Celeron CPU. Has HDMI out and 2x USB3 and will do 4K video streaming. It also has a USB-C port but that is power in only for the power adapter. The thing measures in at 2.4 inches square by 1.7 inches high.

<edit>
Just ordered.

Last edited:
can it be updated to windows 11?
That would be great for using it with a tv and wireless keyboard and mouse

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
can it be updated to windows 11?
That would be great for using it with a tv.
Apparently so. The specs show Windows 10 Home but the 'title description reads as:
CHUWI LarkBox Pro Mini PC with 6GB RAM 128GB ROM Intel Celeron J4125 Quad Core (Up to 2.7GHz) Windows 11 Desktop Computer 4K Ultra-HD Streaming, 2xUSB 3.0 Dual Wi-Fi, BT5.1, VESA Mounting
Really not sure if it will come with Win 10 or 11 but looks like it could be upgraded if it comes with 10.
here's one on amazon
CLICK HERE
The one on Amazon is $38.00 more and has a slower base speed for the CPU although it does have a few more features.
Can it play 8 tracks?
LOL! Actually, with a headphone to USB adapter, it could. ;) Shoot, I have a VCR connected to my main system to convert tapes to DVD.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
there's a $38 coupon to lower the price to $120

there's a $38 coupon to lower the price to $120
That helps but I still prefer the New Egg version for a couple of reasons.
1) Memory speed: On the Amazon unit it is 800MHz, the New Egg version is 2133MHz. Although I'm not really sure on the memory speed on the Amazon unit as in one place it says 800MHz and another 2933. :dunno:
2) The Amazon looks to only be able to have the storage increased by 128GB via a card slot. While the New Egg unit can also be upgraded in the same way it also has an empty M.2 slot that will take up to 1TB.

All in all they are similar with each having a feature or two that the other does not. Everyone has different needs but, for myself, I'd give the edge to New Egg due to the faster base CPU speed and higher storage expansion.

do you have a wireless mouse and keyboard

do you have a wireless mouse and keyboard
Yes I do but the keyboard is full sized so I ordered an compact set to more maintain the portability of the thing. Also on the combo I already have the keyboard is a bit flaky. I just figure to start out with everything new. Everything is estimated to arrive June 13-15.

You'll be like a kid on christmas when you receive it and set it up.

You'll be like a kid on christmas when you receive it and set it up.
Anymore setting up is a bit on the boring side. After all this will make 8 systems in my possession although 2 laptops will be donation systems when I finish re-doing. I pick up systems and make viable and donate to families that can't afford.

Haven't tried any games or anything on this thing as I'm doing updates. It did come with Windows 11 Home. Considering changing the key code to Pro but don't really know that it matters.

Just doing normal setup and update the thing is surprisingly responsive. I'll give more of a review later. So far I'm pretty impressed. Oh, did try some streaming videos and the display quality is REALLY good.

Since it only has 2 3.0 USB ports, and 1 is taken by my mouse/keyboard dongle, I ordered a powered 7 port hub that is basically the same as the one I have on my main system. Wish I would have thought about that when I ordered the system.

Didn't open it up. I just wanted to see what it would do and get it setup.

You have to wonder how they are able to sell this minicomputer at such a low price including shipping. Computers are such a bargain nowadays compared to when I bought my first computer decades ago.... a 386 tower computer with 4 mb of ram memory for over $1000. The 12 inch color monitor was like $400. And the printer was another $500.

Last edited:
You have to wonder how they are able to sell this minicomputer at such a low price including shipping. Computers are such a bargain nowadays compared to when I bought my first computer decades ago.... a 386 tower computer with 4 mb of ram memory for over $1000. The 12 inch color monitor was like $400. And the printer was another $500.
A lot of lower costs today is supply and demand. It costs a lot less for each unit to make 1000 rather than 100.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

OK... Does updates faster than my Microsoft Surface 3.

Does my PS1 console emulator flawless. Have not yet tried my N64 or SNES emulators. Since it does fine with the PS1 emulator I'm sure that the SNES emulator will be fine but the N64 is still a question mark as it is more demanding than the PS1.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back