Todays The Day.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

aawww Brewyn is down in the dumps huh? bad weather can really bring you down, sorry your not up to your OLD persnickity self :hey: (hides behind Ferris :crazy: )

on the TV cabinet, it will hold no doubt, I have faith!!! Sometimes thats all you need :thumbs:

check around the web for "NANOCUBE" or "NANOTANK" for your marine endeavor.

as usual, youv'e lost me???????? MAMMAFISH, please explain?????

got the tank in after the missus dropped it at one end!!!!!! nice sized tank for malawis, unusual size, more hight. the one next to it is 48x15x18, so you can guesse that this one is like a show tank out of a zoo.

Picture315.jpg

And another.

Picture316.jpg

Lost me aswell, who's hiding behind me? :lol:

she's getting old ferris, she must have mis understood. anyway, you'd have to be on the large side to hide behind me. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Senility setting in you think? :lol:

sadly been cut off the net for a few days so the tank is set up and running, took me till 7.30 am to complete the tank so was a very long night!!!!!!

I decided to take the legs off which I think was a good thing as I dont think they would have taken the weight.
Picture323.jpg

I painted the back of the tank with 4 coats of blackboard paint.

I added a sack of aquarium sand and a considerable amount of lava rock, then I emptied out both tanks into the new tank. I used the external filters to do this direct.

Picture324.jpg

Picture318.jpg

heres a photo of the tank well on its way.

Picture319.jpg

once the tank was 2/3 full I added the fish.
Picture329.jpg

I managed to use the already pre drilled holes for the external filter, so no over hanging pipes etc.

Picture326.jpg

You are sure about that cabinet, 101 UK gallons is nearly half a tonne!

the tank has been running for a few days now, the fish are happy, the water is clear and it was well worth the ar$$1ng about. I have even sold the small 2ft cube tank for a snip.

Picture330.jpg

Picture331.jpg

Picture332.jpg

Hi brewyn

Glad to have you back and the tanks looking good. Good idea about removing the feet from the bottom of the cabinet as the weight distribution will be far greater. I really like the drilled holes for the external filter, as it looks very professional. Also what have you got planned for lighting

The fish look great but how are you ment to keep trck of what is in the tank when you have such a large amount of fish?

you know how naff I am at taking photos, the tank has a full length arcadia tropical, and I have also added the same tube but half the length, to light the space between the rock work. the photos dont do the fish justice!!!!. also I dont think malawis should be in such a bright enviroment, it makes mine skitish. added a few more things to my small marine tank which is doing fine,

PS, marcos, not sure about the stand at all, plenty of sleepless nights, believe me!!!!!

Also what have you got planned for lighting

the tank has a full length arcadia tropical, and I have also added the same tube but half the length, to light the space between the rock work.

:look: :look: :look: :look:

Errrr eeeemmmmm!!! Yeah lights look great . :good: Sorry bout that brewyn I sort of stuck my foot in it there!!! I will sign out now before I look like more of a t!t. :)

no worries mate! once you start to look like 2 t!ts give us a shout. LOL

Most reactions

Back