To Move Or Not To Move? Rhino From 180 To 75

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

xenomorph

Reaction score
Last night my 11" 'chocolate albino' pardalis pleco died. He lived in a 75 gallon (18x18x48 standard).

I have a 180 gallon aquarium with four plecos--a 13" L. pardalis, a 17" G. gibbiceps, an albino 9" G. gibbiceps and an 8" G. scrophus (rhino).

All plecos get enough food/shelter and get along for the most part. Should I move my rhino pleco into the 75 or leave him be? The 75 is outfitted for a large pleco already. I do not want any more large plecos--I have enough for the time being.

Right now the 75 is being used as a grow-out tank for several baby cichlids. In the near future it will be the permanent home of a female managuense cichlid.

I'm so sorry for your loss - we had a chocolate albino liposarcus, and they're lovely aren't they? :(

On the moving side of things, it could be said that it's lower the pressure on your filters if you spread them out a bit, and seeing as your "spare" tank is a 75g then the Rhino would be a good choice to put in there as he won't get as big as the others (I think?).

TBH I'm really answering this because I'd love to see pics of your plecs. Liposarcus and gibbies are my absolute favourite plecs and they so often get overlooked. I need a monster plec fix :wub:

I'm so sorry for your loss - we had a chocolate albino liposarcus, and they're lovely aren't they? :(

On the moving side of things, it could be said that it's lower the pressure on your filters if you spread them out a bit, and seeing as your "spare" tank is a 75g then the Rhino would be a good choice to put in there as he won't get as big as the others (I think?).

TBH I'm really answering this because I'd love to see pics of your plecs. Liposarcus and gibbies are my absolute favourite plecs and they so often get overlooked. I need a monster plec fix :wub:

I've decided I will leave the rhino in the 180, at least for the time being.

Instead I'll put my giant bristlenose pleco in the 75. He's at his max size of 5" but I think he will enjoy it in the 75. I posted pics of my "monsters" in a new thread, I hope you enjoy them! :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back