Tnc Complete Plant Fertiliser

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Interested in the answer to this to. Is TNC Complete good or not?

I use TNC Lite which is similar to Complete it just lacks a few nutrients. Whilst I don't have proof that its "good" I do know all my plants are very healthy and growing well with almost no signs of lack of nutrients, so yeah I'd recommend it :good:
Check out this out to see the plants I'm on about

So I guess TNC is quite good then, would you does anything with or alongside the TNC/TPN?

I recommend it. I switched from TPN to TNC around a year ago as TNC is cheaper - has kept my plants in just as good condition.

And would you go for basic TNC or TNC Complete? And should I other than that add any other stuff to the tank?

Ok great, would you does flourish excel with the TNC Complete though? And how often do you dose? Thanks.

I am a planting idiot so take my advice with a pinch of salt, but I think the general rule is you only need TNC Complete (which inlcludes N & P) if you are adding C02 or Carbon. You probabaly only need TNC 'lite' if you are not doing so

......now please wait for someone with any clue about plants to back up my comments.

Wow it is cheaper than TPN+...

I've been thinking about going to dry ferts though, which I understand is even cheaper

I am a planting idiot so take my advice with a pinch of salt, but I think the general rule is you only need TNC Complete (which inlcludes N & P) if you are adding C02 or Carbon. You probabaly only need TNC 'lite' if you are not doing so

......now please wait for someone with any clue about plants to back up my comments.

Sounds about right to me, though i quite often don't have a clue
laugh.gif

i dose carbon & ferts daily (1ml per 20L though)

Yeah Zod is right

Tnc complete = high tech
Tnc lite = low tech

Check out the chart on this ebay listing.

Would anyone be willing to work out the cost per 1000ml of dry ferts (once mixed)?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
unless i've got my maths way wrong
KNO3= £2.85
KH2PO4 = £2.45
MGSO4 =£1.60
TRACE = £3.95
a bottle
somewhere around £10.85 to make a 1000ml of a TPN+ clone (#3 version).
But apart from the KNO3, you've still got loads of all the other salts left, so the next batch would cost £2.85

You could order more KNO3 to start with, didn't bother with Ascorbic acid or Potassium Sorbate blah, blah
above is a rough idea.
now waiting, to be proved way wrong
laugh.gif
(you know who you are )

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back