Tired of Looking at Tank Equipment

10 Tanks

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello TFF. Have a 55 gallon tank in my living room and got very tired of looking at the stuff sitting on the shelves under it and so I got some shower type curtains, a couple of wooden dowels and some sticky hooks and came up with a cover for the shelves. The cost was cheap, roughly $30.00. Now, the tank looks better and you can't see all the stuff behind the curtains. Not bad thinking for an old timer who's not very handy.

10 Tanks (Now more)

Attachments

• IMG_4732.jpg
    IMG_4732.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 52
I have open shelves also and yes not the best looking at fish food and such.
My tank stand is a funny shape but your solution has given me food for thought for the future.

Now, get a thrift store spotlight lamp, and put on the right music, pull open the curtains, and .... endless entertainment courtesy of the dancing fishfood (you have to lightly stomp your foot for the special effects).

It's a solid idea. Under tanks can get cluttered.

Hello TFF. Have a 55 gallon tank in my living room and got very tired of looking at the stuff sitting on the shelves under it and so I got some shower type curtains, a couple of wooden dowels and some sticky hooks and came up with a cover for the shelves. The cost was cheap, roughly $30.00. Now, the tank looks better and you can't see all the stuff behind the curtains. Not bad thinking for an old timer who's not very handy.

10 Tanks (Now more)
I LOVE this! I'm looking at aquarium stands and it's hard to find something that looks nice without paying a ton of money. I may do something similar - then I can buy a stand for function only and just put the curtains on it- done!

Hello. Good for you! You don't have to be very creative. I know I'm not. You may be able to make something similar without buying anything. Just use some things you have around the house. I guess you could make it an opportunity to develop a little creativity. You just might surprise yourself!

With very little effort, you can build a stand with wood from a hardware. I just built one that holds quite a hefty weight (3 40 gallons and 2 20 gallons) for under $50 CAD. You can then get creative about disguising it, as @10 Tanks did. I'm no carpenter, but with a saw, a drill, a tape measure and some screws, you can make something solid and useful. Add some paint or stain, and it gets even better.

You can also buy a stand with doors if you wish - for your living room, a curtained or a 2x4 stand might look a little rough. But wood is relatively easy to build with, and there is an I in IKEA. The glue and sawdust stands sold in stores have a way of failing in time, as they absorb moisture.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back