Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Three-lined Corydoras

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by Captain Retardo, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Captain Retardo

Common Names: Julii Corydoras, Three-Lined Corydoras, False-Julii Corydoras

Scientific Name: Corydoras trilineatus

Distribution: Peruvian amazon: Rio Ampiyacu, Rio Ucayali and the Yarina Cocha. Ecuador: Rio Pastaza. (from Planetcatfish.com)

Family: Callichthyidae

Adult Size: 2 inches

Care: A hardy fish, keep the aquarium clean and have hiding places. Sand or rounded gravel is required, as sharp pieces of gravel will eventually destroy Cory's barbels. Temperature of 70-78 Fahrenheit. Not too fussy about pH, as long as it is reasonable. Remember to keep Cories in groups of 4 or more.

Feeding: They will eat anything that hits the bottom, mine especially relish sinking shrimp pellets. Don't make the mistake of thinking it is a scavenger and will find all its food in the sand, Cories need to be fed just like any other fish.

Sexing and Breeding: Just like other Corydoras species. Sexing: Females are fatter when looked at from above.
    Breeding: Like other Cories, breeding requires a water change with cooler water (preferably a large water change, while making a lot of splashes on the surface), live and frozen food leading up to breeding is also beneficial.

Comments: These fish are often mislabeled at LFS's as Julii Corydoras, the actual Julii Cory (Corydoras julii) has spots on its head, while Corydoras trilineatus spots are reticulated (connected).

A few old pics of my Corydoras trilineatus:

Attached Files:

2. d&a

d&a Member

Here's a few close-up shots of my Julii Cories

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Harlequins

Harlequins ***Corydora Crazy***

[​IMG]