Threadfin Rainbowfish

Littlemonkey

Fish Herder
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire
I have finally found that Maidenhead Aquatics stock these and as It's my Birthday soon I've asked the family to get me a voucher. As I'm a right Numpty when it comes to math. I undertand that these get to 5cm. They will be the only fish in the tank with a few Apple snails. I have a small piece of bogwood and live vallis and small amazon sword. How many will be comfortable and what would be a good ratio. Thanks. Plus if anybody has had experiance keeping these, advice would be welcome.
 
Ah sorry, missed it :rolleyes:
10-12 1m to 2 females if you want to try to breed them, otherwise Id say as with most rainbows, they are perfectly fine in an all male or all female group, males tend to colour better with females around though.
 
These Are Beuatiful Fish and I believe there are 3-5 Colors in the Males Tails. Red, Green, Black, Yellow and I think Blue.
That size group would be perfect for the tank and they are Stunning once Mature.
One of the things I really like about these fish is how active they are and they way the Males Flare at each other zooming Parallel back and forth in the tank.
 
Thanks Guy's. Cant wait now. I was toying with getting another Betta (Thanks Justkia for Inky) But was looking through the Hatchett Aquarium freshwater pages and saw these guys. I'm thinking that a nice group of them on their own, would look stunning. I did read though as their mouths are so small that certain foodstuffs are advisable. I already have micro pellets and would crushing up flake food be OK.
 
Thanks Guy's. Cant wait now. I was toying with getting another Betta (Thanks Justkia for Inky) But was looking through the Hatchett Aquarium freshwater pages and saw these guys. I'm thinking that a nice group of them on their own, would look stunning. I did read though as their mouths are so small that certain foodstuffs are advisable. I already have micro pellets and would crushing up flake food be OK.

Don't Need to worry about feeding them, they Love Hikari Micro Pellets. I fed mine on them and they did great.
 
Normal flake food will be fine, they do have small mouths and throats, but can still take bloodworm, brine shrimp etc as well :good:
 
Thanks Guy's. Cant wait now. I was toying with getting another Betta (Thanks Justkia for Inky) But was looking through the Hatchett Aquarium freshwater pages and saw these guys. I'm thinking that a nice group of them on their own, would look stunning. I did read though as their mouths are so small that certain foodstuffs are advisable. I already have micro pellets and would crushing up flake food be OK.

Don't Need to worry about feeding them, they Love Hikari Micro Pellets. I fed mine on them and they did great.

Thanks, Just saw your thread on your rescue betta, Oh no I'm swaying again :lol:

Normal flake food will be fine, they do have small mouths and throats, but can still take bloodworm, brine shrimp etc as well :good:

Thanks Minxfishy,

I just hope that when I do go there, they have them in stock.
 
Thanks, Just saw your thread on your rescue betta, Oh no I'm swaying again
laugh.gif


I have a few people interested in both of them, but have also put up the Jap Blues and tank aswell
 

Most reactions

Back
Top