Thought I'd stop in and say hi.

Harmonic

Reaction score
So... Hi! :lol: (Quite a collection of emoticons you have here. :thumbs: )

About me... 29yrs, married w/children (two boys and a girl). I had been a stone mason since getting out of the army in '94, but I've finaly decided to get an education and quit breaking my back over the rock pile. My G.I. bill runs out next March so I better use it.

About my fish... I kept live-bearers when I was in high school, but I was pretty much clueless about maintanence. My dad was a very serious fish man... he had to have been sneaking in and taking care of my tank. All I did was feed 'em. :huh: Anyway, My wife and I both are pretty avid keepers today. We've been fairly successful with most things we've tried, Rift Lake Cichlids in particular. Our tap water is very close to either lake's average parameters. We've had pretty good luck all in all. I gave a try at a planted tank last year but failed miserably. :no: Right now my wife has taken over most of our freshwater tanks, and I'm learning the ropes of saltwater & reefing. Here's a condensed list.

55g FOWLR- 1 picasso trigger.
10g nano reef- 2 maroon clowns.

40L with mixed mbuna
40b with a pair of brichardis that spawn darn near every three weeks
20L with sunshine peacocks growing out
20L with apistos & gobies
20H with a pair of kenyi cichlids
2 5g hospital/quarantine tanks, 1 FW & 1 SW

Our daughter has a 10g with paradise fish & danios, and a 1g betta hex. She takes care of them herself too, and does a very good job.

We also have a 35hex that's empty right now. I'd like to have a zebra moray in it all to himself, but I have to research more before I decide. I might go with a lionfish instead.

Yes, I know there are some eyebrow raising accomidations up there, but don't worry. We have planned for plenty of expansion. I'm learning how to work with acrylic, and have plans to build a custom 116g tank (will be like 2 55's setup end to end, and will be 14" front to back instead of 13") for the trigger and a few other open water cruisers. At that point the maroon clowns will go to the 55, and it will become a reef.

My dad has given us his old 240g just to get it out of the basement. It's going to need some work, but that will come later. We don't have half enough room for it here where we live now. Well thats about it for now.
See ya 'round!

PicassoTrigger01.jpg

Hi Harmonics,

Nice post. Great tanks. The 116g sounds like a challenge and as for the 240g (he says looking around for a "green with envy" smilie) that sound like a great result too.

Good to have you & thanks for bringing your experience to the boards. :D

Hey Harmonic,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Your name looks familiar....visit any other fish forums do ya???

CM

Thanks Fishsmurf. Yeah cichlidmaster, you recognize me from community tank. I haven't been posting in any of the freshwater forums over there though.

Sounds like fellow DIY type of guy, if you have any fun DIY topics (like acrylic work) or anything else please post in the DIY section! I hope that you hvae fun here on the forum, I know I am! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back