The Worst Has Happened

weathermen

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Benfleet Essex (UK)
Hi people not a good day today, not sure what happened but it seems my CO 2 cylinder has been knocked or fell inside the cupboard causing a increase in CO 2, resulting in the worst! My whole tank is gone, the only thing we can put it down to is vibrations from the builders next door who are drilling piles into the ground, I’m really, really gutted, gonna have to start all over again! What a dreadful loss.
Hope this has never happened to anyone else.
:(
 
Sorry to hear that mate, Next time maybe you can secure the cylinder somehow, when you say everything is gone do mean mean plants as well, would they die from excess co2 ? when I saw the thread name "the worst has happened" , then i thought oh no someones tank has burst, thats what I think is the worst, look at the bright side, you have still got the tank, and all equipments !
 
Big bummer!.

Iv had a simalar thing happen to me when i used a ph buffer for the first time ( i was young and niave), resulted in 90% of my fish dead,(due to an oxygen crash) that included several discus, black ghost knife fish amongst some of my oldest fish, i was devistated. I felt like a murderer. Lesson learnt that day.

I feel for you weatherman.
 
Only fish! he says only fish it was a 70 gallon tank so fully stock, had it for quite a while, plants were ok but with the damage I've stripped the tank down to nothing, thrown everything away apart from hardware, I'm going to add a undergravel heater this time and lose the undegravel filter system and stay with my fluval and power heads to circulate, I couldn't belive my eyes when I saw it, put me off USING CO 2, :/
 
A bugger of a scenario no doubt. Looks like you're taking the opportunity to make some changes you've clearly been thinking about for some time though, silver lining and all that.

Not that it reduces the loss, obviously.
 
not that its a good thing by any means but if there is a bright side to be found then it must be the fun of restocking and being able to start from scratch and invent a new tank lay out etc :D
keep smiling :)
 
YEAH I was thinking of doing a tank to tank transfer to do thid job, all happened a bit sooner, I've purchased new toys for new set up already today before I lose hope, Start again at the beggining and see what happens, CO 2 is dangerous stuff! just feel so guilty, everything was ok until I messed with that!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top