The Waiting Game

Hey, is that a pic of your tank in the signature there? looking great and good to see you off the mark!

I am into week 2 of the cycle and looking for mucky media; hopefully find some soon so that I can get rolling...

hope the new arrivals are settling in well :good:

Hi JD,

If you can get some media off someone that would be great. I was lucky enough to get some of The Taffy Apple who only lives about 3 miles from me. Just keep dosing up that ammonia but not too much!! I dropped mine back to around 2ppm towards the end of the cycle. I'm still testing my water daily at the moment and "touch wood" so far ammonia/nitrites at zero and nitrates not much difference to my tap water, so def worth being patient!!
good.gif

Oh, and yes that's my tank. It's my first one but after looking at some of the lovely tanks on here it gave me some idea of what i'd like to achive!

yeah, some real beauties on here - thanks for the up on heatpads but it seems that the bacs will do 24hrs without...hoping that a member here will be good enough to send me some!

I will follow your example when the bacs start to work; no more than 2-3ppm from then on...good to here that yours have apparently settled in!

I am already looking for space for a bigger tank in the front room...I remember from the past how this hobby can 'hook' you up :rolleyes:; already planned the fish for that one!

Most reactions

Back