The threadfin werneri are firing up...

GaryE

Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Oct 14, 2011
Messages
11,297
Reaction score
20,583
Points
113
Location
Eastern Canada
I've managed to get a mixed group of threadfin rainbows (Iriatherina werneri) by hunting them down when they were too young to sex. I bought a dozen. They've begun to display, though the size of the fins on the male should double over the next few weeks. So, if you don't know the fish - here they are in juvenile fin display.
werneri3.webp
werneri1.webp
werneri3.webp
werneri1.webp
 
I had these guys way back around 2014, loved them and their antics. Wish they lived longer. Also had the Gertrude's blue-eye, they were gorgeous and very active in flexing their muscles (fins), lol.

I have an empty 20L but no place to put it. I was going to set it up as a desert goby tank (they have been sold out), but a rainbow tank is tempting...
Location, location...💩
 
That was in June. Sadly, they are community fish now as all my females turned out to be late blooming males...

The males are far prettier, but they're difficult to raise and I thought it'd be a challenge to get a big group together by breeding them.
 
werneri is the only rainbow I can recall ever keeping. Entertaining.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top