The Menagerie

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Saedcantas

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Alright chaps,

I guess it's time for some pics of my non-fishy animals! Me and the OH have a good little collection going on, just enough to manage after animals all day long too :good:

First up is the shelving unit, :D this houses the stickies, mantids, snakes, beardie and livefoods (culturing springtails, dubia roaches and banded crix)
19-07.jpg

First up H. membranacea - Giant Asian Mantid, called Thor!
DSCF2976.jpg

DSCF2980.jpg

and now adult!!! woohoo;
DSCF3954.jpg

DSCF3972.jpg

Next is P. paradoxa - Ghost Mantid, called Loki.
lokibaby.jpg

DSCF2945.jpg

DSCF2954.jpg

very cute BD m8 and lovely colour on the corn :) looks like they have a lovley caring home :)

jen

Norbert here is a Kenyan sand boa (or worm!)
norbypoo.jpg

norbington.jpg

And the man of the house with wee Norby;
DSCF3773.jpg

I've just hatched some babies from these Asceles sp. "ban salok"
asceles.jpg

asceles1.jpg

a newly hatched baby!!!
ascelesbaby.jpg

E. tiaratum - Macleays Spectre's
macleays2.jpg

macleays.jpg

and finally for non fishies, the dendrobates vivarium, sadly it's still empty as getting the frogs into Jersey is prooving rather awkward, but eventually!!!
dendro31-5-082.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!
I'd best go post some fish now too!?!
Lotte***

Wow, stunning collection! :D

I love the sand boa :D. Also, the viv at the end is very impressive! :good:

Mine are all cardboard hides. :blush: :blush:

Very nice critters you have there.

I really need to get my hands on some P. paradoxa, I fell in love with them the first time I saw a pic.

Good luck with the dart frogs. :good: I wish I could get some but paying over 100$ for a single frog is just a bit too much for me. :lol:

Very nice critters you have there.

I really need to get my hands on some P. paradoxa, I fell in love with them the first time I saw a pic.

Good luck with the dart frogs. :good: I wish I could get some but paying over 100$ for a single frog is just a bit too much for me. :lol:

thats cheap compared to over here, mate! lol..

saw them recently for £80 each.. thats $160. :crazy: :crazy:

Thanks guys :hyper:

The darts we're going to be keeping are P. terribilis, golden poison dartfrog and O. pumilio, strawberry poison dartfrog. I keep and breed both species at work but having your own specimens of a favourite species is entirely different!

Looks like it's going to be the boat over and a drive up to Birmingham probably, get some P. hosii, asian tree toads and maybe some C. hortulanus, amazon tree boas while we're over :D

Thanks again!
Lotte***

I'd just like to point out that I hate you lots. :D

And that if you ever get a BCI/BCC then there will be an assassin after you. :p

LOL cheers mate!

You know through all of my experiences I'd still absolutely love a guyanan red tail boa one day... *sigh* but I think me and the OH agreed that the 6 footer we have space for one day will go to a B&W Tegu instead... so no assassins for me!!!

It's weird, I probably wouldnt go to the trouble of getting all these animals for at home (as I'm so blooming busy elsewhere!) but the OH is almost worse than me! He's always plotting new schemes and thinking about how we can fill the whole flat,

Lotte***

LOL cheers mate!

You know through all of my experiences I'd still absolutely love a guyanan red tail boa one day... *sigh* but I think me and the OH agreed that the 6 footer we have space for one day will go to a B&W Tegu instead... so no assassins for me!!!

It's weird, I probably wouldnt go to the trouble of getting all these animals for at home (as I'm so blooming busy elsewhere!) but the OH is almost worse than me! He's always plotting new schemes and thinking about how we can fill the whole flat,

Lotte***

haha! I love a guyanan too. You cant be as bad as me... the other week, I was thinking "hmm.... if i got rid of all those clothes in the wardrobe, i could modify it and have 4 little vivs... great for aboreal geckos :D :blush:

But yes, space for a red tail is my problem, too. But when I move in with ashmashmash, all will be good. :p Rich + huge house... :shifty:

Most reactions

Back