The joys of mbuna cichlid

Connershawzz

Mbuna lover
Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
230
Reaction score
204
Points
43
Location
Vineyard utah
Got my fish order after waiting a week. I got 3 fish all about 2” , 5 minutes of them being in the tank the one I was most excited for got jumped and his eye eaten so we’ll see how that turns out. The other 2 are doing great , I just feel bad for this one and I don’t know if he will make it. Suggestion on what to do ? The 3rd picture down is the one who got attacked , don’t know if I should try to save him or euthanize him. He swims sideways always , has only eaten a little , and just stays in the corner of the tank
IMG_4914.webp

IMG_4918.webp

IMG_4915.webp
 
Got my fish order after waiting a week. I got 3 fish all about 2” , 5 minutes of them being in the tank the one I was most excited for got jumped and his eye eaten so we’ll see how that turns out. The other 2 are doing great , I just feel bad for this one and I don’t know if he will make it. Suggestion on what to do ? The 3rd picture down is the one who got attacked , don’t know if I should try to save him or euthanize him. He swims sideways always , has only eaten a little , and just stays in the corner of the tankView attachment 349361
View attachment 349364
View attachment 349363
You introduced runts to an established colony. 😅 You *never* introduce runts to an established colony.

I think you should take the most beat up one out and put them in his own tank for a few months to grow some size on him. Then when you're ready to introduce him back into the tank, buy a few others to release with him.

But if he got severely damaged internally, then there's nothing you can do.
 
You introduced runts to an established colony. 😅 You *never* introduce runts to an established colony.

I think you should take the most beat up one out and put them in his own tank for a few months to grow some size on him. Then when you're ready to introduce him back into the tank, buy a few others to release with him.

But if he got severely damaged internally, then there's nothing you can do.
That one beat up one was the only one who hasn’t made it and I was on a work trip while my wife put him in the tank but the rest are all doing great
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5207.webp
    IMG_5207.webp
    108.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5198.webp
    IMG_5198.webp
    327.4 KB · Views: 100

Most reactions

Back
Top