The End of an Era...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I don't know what the aquarium societies are like where you are, but we have Band here that the local fish club uses to buy and sell fish. Also in person meetings of the aquatic plant society, and the DFW Aquarium Association has an Expo with vendor tables, including fish breeders selling their stock

I must confess that my enthusiasm for the hobby is quite reduced and for the life of me I'm not sure how to deal with a couple of hundred 'unwanted' swordtails in the basement. If I lived in the south and had a pond it would be easy. But here I sit in the Northeast in the dead of winter pondering what I will do. I will sell some at our club meeting auction and more at the club sponsored open auction in April. After that, who knows?

the club meeting auction is a good idea, shipping fish is not for the faint of heart, especially in winter. I'll bet @kribensis12 who I think is selling fish knows more about that?

the club meeting auction is a good idea, shipping fish is not for the faint of heart, especially in winter. I'll bet @kribensis12 who I think is selling fish knows more about that?
Shipping fish is actually pretty easy, in my opinion!

Just shipped some out via Aquabid to two different sellers the week before last. I used 1 24 hour heat pack and insulated well, it took 3 days for the fish to arrive and they were in perfect condition.

I had a lot of apprehension the first time I shipped fish, but no more!

I know some wholesalers that need lessons, I quit buying from florida about 10 years ago

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back