The curse of the short arm

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I was 6ā€™2ā€ last time I was measured and mines 22ā€ tall. Which wouldnā€™t be so bad but the bottoms 1000mm off the ground. This means itā€™s a struggle to reach the bottom while standing up even for me. T shirts have to rolled up. A decent pair of scissor action tweezer things would help as the long plastic ones Iā€™ve got are rubbish. Any suggestions where to get some in U.K.?
Itā€™s MrsLurchs fault as she wanted an antique cabinet to stand it on. Despite all my strengthening and reinforcing I still topped the cabinet off with a 30mm thick shelf, hence the 1000mm from the floor.

I was 6ā€™2ā€ last time I was measured and mines 22ā€ tall. Which wouldnā€™t be so bad but the bottoms 1000mm off the ground. This means itā€™s a struggle to reach the bottom while standing up even for me. T shirts have to rolled up. A decent pair of scissor action tweezer things would help as the long plastic ones Iā€™ve got are rubbish. Any suggestions where to get some in U.K.?
Itā€™s MrsLurchs fault as she wanted an antique cabinet to stand it on. Despite all my strengthening and reinforcing I still topped the cabinet off with a 30mm thick shelf, hence the 1000mm from the floor.
Aquascaping kits on amazon :) pretty long handed tweezers and scissors :D

The other problem besides being not very tall (though at 5 ft 4 inches I'm taller than AilyNC) is that being, shall we say, a well endowed lady I can't get close enough to the tank to put both arms in at once. I have to stand sideways on to the tank and use just one arm.

On a positive note, while you struggle to clean the inside of the tank, the glass on the outside should be polished clean when you are done.....

worthless.gif

My 35 gallon tall hex tank is 24 inches tall and on a 20 inch base. I have a 20 inch python tube that makes getting to the bottom easier. I also have an 15inch long metal tweezers and also a grabber tool to move things around at the bottom on the tank. The grabber is like THIS ONE . It's also great to pick up items dropped behind the washing machine or to get things off a high shelf.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This sounds bad but I have to say Iā€™m happy that we all struggle doing this lol Iā€™m one water change from being aqua man

@ClownLurch get out of here giant!! But I also recommend the steal aquascaping kit on amazon.

I need a clothes change after every water change which is why my husband refuses to let me keep tanks anywhere outside the kitchen. Our laminate/wood floors would be destroyed.

I need some kind of mirror gadget as I can't actually see properly while leaning over the top of tank.

Attachments

• 189-1890998_inspector-gadget-sheet-music-for-flute-violin-voice.jpg
    189-1890998_inspector-gadget-sheet-music-for-flute-violin-voice.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 43
@ClownLurch get out of here giant!! But I also recommend the steal aquascaping kit on amazon.

I need a clothes change after every water change which is why my husband refuses to let me keep tanks anywhere outside the kitchen. Our laminate/wood floors would be destroyed.

I need some kind of mirror gadget as I can't actually see properly while leaning over the top of tank.
Yeah my wife is mad that mine is in the front room I have suggested that our 2 year old who could fit in the tank could help out but sheā€™s not crazy on the idea lmao

I canā€™t see inside when hands near the tank bottom either.

Though it's good to be tall, we tend to have backache when we need to bend down to do works or if we place our tank on coffee table.

Sometimes I place my tank on a Ikea coffee table which has wheels when I run out of tables. I would get back ache after water change.
We also tend to injure our lower back easily if we are not careful.

Shorter people also have the advantage when climbing the ladder as they are more stable than tall people.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back