The corydora cave

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

pete

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Right how many of you keep Corydora Catfish out there? and if so what species?

They are quite possibally the most active Catfish your money can buy and are forever foraging on the bottom looking for a quick snack.

Although some of them seem to cost a fortune for what they are there are some that are inexpensive and still very colourful at the same time :D

Add to that the fact that they perform such a valuable service to the other tank mates by cleaning up the remnants of food etc left behind at feeding time and its understandable why just so many aquarists keep these fish and prize them so highly :grin:

So come on ............tell us what youve got and any interesting characteristics that you have noticed

I have 4 corydorus sterbai. They are the best (in my opinion of course :p ) I love their colours and bright orange pectoral fins.

Mine are always busy and active and I was able to get them for just £1.50 each which is a real bargain I am told :D

Apparently they are hard to breed but 4 is quite enough for me at the moment as they are very active :)

£1.50 each :0 a real bargain m8 trust me lol

And as luck would have it one of my lfc members has not long bred these particullar fish so again i'll try to get some advice for ya ;)

By the way my lfc is a BIG club........we cover the whole of west cornwall lol.........some ppl drive 45 miles for club meetings :0 so as you can see i have access to a wide range of knowledge from others as well as myself lol ;)

Even the fish club on the site can't match that price :p

and Pete our fish club covers the whole country :p  :laugh:

Anyway I like Bronze cory's, nice and plain. I've go Pandas the now though I'm not sure how may I've got, there so tiny it's hard to find them :look:

I've no asperations (william we need a spell checker) for an cory's thought I'd love some other catfish :grin:

www.spellchecker.net ? :)

What is the usual price for sterbai and what is there breedering age/size ?

About £3 - £4 each down here lol so like i said before they were a real bargain m8

As for breeding i'll ask my m8 when i see him next :D

8) Hangover now gone!
Cories, my fave fish. I've kept and bred the following:- aeneus (bronze & albino), paleatus, adolphi, agassizii, barbatus, davidsandsi, elegans, incolicana, julli, melanistius sp., ornatus, panda and sterbai. The only ones I've got at the moment are a dozen or so sterbai, 7 gossei and 9 robinae. I hope to try and get gossei & robinae to do the business this year when I get a bit more time. ;) Mac.

Most reactions

Back