What's new

The Axolotl

OP
Xenon Junkie

Xenon Junkie

Reaction score
$65.00?!?!
Thats almost robbery price (it comes to roughly between £32-36 i would estimate).
$12.00 seems alot more reasonable.
Out of interest what state are you in?
I Curretly live in england you see.
On my current holiday to my future home (Alberta, Canada), i yesterday noticed a rather small, sickly and poor kept
axolotl in a local store for $12. It was probably 2-3 inches long, most of its gills had been nibbled off and was extremely thin.
Leaving me to believe there isnt a huge market for them in Albert. BUT, on my return visite today i plan to quiz the staff and ask them for information :).

Keep us posted Axolotl Fans ^^

P.s If your first axolotl morphed it could be a tiger Salamander (if i remember commonly sold as Water dogs where i live).
Many people buy them thinking they are axolotls and when they morph they become quite confused. Hense why i know what i do.
it'd be worth looking at pictures at juvinile Tiger salamanders and see'ing if they match you old pet.
Info: Tiger Salamanders and Axolotls are both Ambystoma.

shmotis

Reaction score
I live in Washington state. I once sold some axolotl to a pet store that did not feed them properly & it made me sick. They were starving to death & it haunted me to see it. . The first 1 was an axolotl. His name was Harry. I had a 40 gallon tall tank with fancy goldfish in it. He was very easy to tame . I did not want to keep sticking my arm in the tank up to my elbow to feed him. I bought this suctioned cup green net thing that was not meant to be in a water tank but it worked. It was like a triangle that you would put in a corner. I trained him to sit in it for easy feeding. He started poking his head out of the water. That's what triggered it. At first I blamed the goldfish for eating his gills but then I noticed that his whole body had changed. He did not want to be in the water anymore. I put him in a turtle tank with a bridge. He would only go in the water to eat & would escape out the filter hole. It was only a 15 gallon long tank & I felt bad for him. I took him to a good fish store where an employee took him home. I learned my lesson & removed the sling net.

OP
Xenon Junkie

Xenon Junkie

Reaction score
i'm glad you've learnt a valuable lesson shmotis :)

Word up to all the Axolotl lovers,
i went to The Royal Tyrrell Museum, Drumheller, Alberta, Canada
Last week and appart from being amazing it housed a large tank full of
obeste looking axolotls!
I spent an hour actually educating people about them,
I bet those canada's though i was the british Museum Worker haha.

Keep it up Guys!

Search tags for this page

axolotl fish

axolotl forum

axolotl forums
axolotole fish
do axolotls bond
fish axolotl
mexican axolotl data and tilapia