The $300 Danio

Corleone

Fish Herder
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
mid-Michigan
I went to buy a few more pearl danios today, which effectively finished my plans for stocking my 30 gallon tank.

I got to thinking: The 30 gallon is very well filtered (330 gph with a piece of plastic to reduce the high flow around the filter), and the filter could support a larger tank, right? And I could really expand my community with a tank upgrade. I don't really want to stop getting fish.

So I told the guy to hold off bagging the danios and load a 4 foot 55 gallon tank in my car, picked out a wrought iron stand, bought some gravel, grabbed a new heater. Then, full spin thinking of all the fish I can add with 25 extra gallons I got some nice pieces of driftwood because maybe I might get a pair of bristlenose, and got a jumble of random rockwork since my existing plants and decor will only cover about half of the tank.

Anyway, the tank is set up, new tank bubbles and all. Getting the heater adjusted before I start moving anything over. And I never did get that danio.
 
not going to lie that sounds like fun. I've always wanted to be able to do that but I dont have the finances to just buy a new tank, I have to plan it out for a while. Nice work though. Post some pics of the new taken once its set up and running!
 
What does this have to do with a 300 dollar danio?

Not so much the danio himself, but the trip to get him resulted in me spending $300, heh.

I usually can't afford to do this, but I had a happy surprise this month - a billing error with my power company was finally sorted out from last year, and I had a bit of leftover this month.
 
The big question is you gonna keep both tanks now ;)

And whats next?
 
What does this have to do with a 300 dollar danio?

Not so much the danio himself, but the trip to get him resulted in me spending $300, heh.

I usually can't afford to do this, but I had a happy surprise this month - a billing error with my power company was finally sorted out from last year, and I had a bit of leftover this month.

This sounds like how i got into fish keping i went out to get a £3.00 ($6.00) bag of cat food and came out with £150 ($300) of fish tank and equiptment 9 weeks later after having cycled and stocked thinking mmm id like some more fish went back to the lfs and saw some fish (too big for my then current tank) and walked out with another tank and filter costing £300 ($600) and all because i went to get a £3 ($6) bag of cat food and a girfriend that pointed at some fish and said "ohhh theyre pretty i want some of those"
 

Most reactions

Back
Top