Tetratec Ex1200 Leaking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rolo0151

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased a new tetratec ex1200 in December. All has been great so far....
I cleaned the filter month or so ago for the first time. Since then it has developed a leak from around the top. I have just read a few old post relating to similar issues & looking to see if anyone could help me further.

I have just took the top off it & greased it with some Vaseline but the leak is still there (not as bad as before though)

Cheers

I had the same issue,

If you have any PTFE tape? wrap a load round the top and the leak should stop. Also make sure you always put the lid on square and dont pull one side down before the other which can pinch the seal casuing a leak.

Thanks for the reply

I've called tetratec today & they're sending a new top for it. Hopefully that'll sort it. I'll give what you've said a try tomorrow as its currently sat in a washing up bowl!

Cheers

Yeah, I had the same issue with mine as well.

Found that you need to put lid on really square and even and pull the lid clamps down evenly then should be no leaks. A bit of a faff but you get used to it and should be fine. 

Hopefully new lid will help a bit more.

One of mine has a slow drip for about 30 minutes after I've cleaned it, it eventually reseals itself and is watertight until the next time I clean it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back