Hey,
Got a black striped tetra which as grown to about 1and half inch in size, only one of the black tetras I have left after a problem when I was away a year ago or so (leaving parents in charge of a tank is a no no).
Anyways, I added some guppys about a week ago, all thriving and have settled very well on the tank, apart from one thing...my black striped tetra is being a very vicious bully and forces all of them into hiding. I have got him in solitary at the minute with a smaller floating tank within my aquarium and the guppys are now fine but I don't like keep it stuck in there.
I have tried moving all the ornaments and plants around in the tank incase it would help the territorial thing it has but hasn't solved the problem.
Anyone have any suggestions? Could it be because I have no other black striped tetras in the tank?
Thanks for all your help
Atki
Got a black striped tetra which as grown to about 1and half inch in size, only one of the black tetras I have left after a problem when I was away a year ago or so (leaving parents in charge of a tank is a no no).
Anyways, I added some guppys about a week ago, all thriving and have settled very well on the tank, apart from one thing...my black striped tetra is being a very vicious bully and forces all of them into hiding. I have got him in solitary at the minute with a smaller floating tank within my aquarium and the guppys are now fine but I don't like keep it stuck in there.
I have tried moving all the ornaments and plants around in the tank incase it would help the territorial thing it has but hasn't solved the problem.
Anyone have any suggestions? Could it be because I have no other black striped tetras in the tank?
Thanks for all your help
Atki







