Tertratec Ex1200 Filter For A Ex700

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mike.

Reaction score
Hi, Joined this forum a while ago, but its been so long i couldn't remember my username to log in, so i've had to create a new account. Anyway:

My dad cleaned out my tank for me today and couldn't work out how to remove the hoses from the filter properly and ended up breaking the hose mount.

I'm now running a temporary internal filter, but this is only temp and too small for my tank. I've found the replacement part needed at the following site for £12: My link

However before i go and buy this part to get my tetratec EX1200 up and running again, i was wondering if anybody has an EX700 filter they would like to swap for my larger 1200 version. The reason being that the 1200 has always been overkill for my tank (but it came with my tank) and doesn't fit under my tank stand. I know the EX700 will fit and be more suited size wise, but don't want to spend £70 on a brand new one when i could spend £12 and carry on with the 1200.

So there you go, ideally i'd need anybody interested to come and do the swap, as my car is currently off the road and i can't travel, I'm located in Sale, Manchester.

Regarding the condition of my filter, its excellent. Been using it for a year or so now and its been great. There is no leaks/cracks/damage the only bit worth mentioning is that the intake pipe is slightly cracked, but this doesn't effect the function of the filter and i've ran it like this since i bought the filter. Obviously theres the hose connection part thats broken too like i've mentioned, but like i say that £12 to replace, and if you want to replace the intake pipe to make the filter like new, thats £10 to replace on the same website.

Everything will be included: filter, media, hoses, pipes etc everything you'd get as new, and like i say the media has been run in my tank for over a year, so is fully cycled. Only thing i've not got is the box.

I'm looking for a quick swap really because like i said i'm currently running a small internal filter temporariliy until i get the external one sorted.

Thanks

Mike.

Most reactions

Back