Tankmates For An Albino Red Tailed Shark

MewMew42

Fish Herder
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
1,420
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Manchester UK
I would like to add maybe some shoalling fish to the 10g tank but not tetras please!

i saw today some malawi chichlids anyone know anything about these and if they would be suitable?

or if anyone can recommend anything else feel free =]
 
I would like to add maybe some shoalling fish to the 10g tank but not tetras please!

i saw today some malawi chichlids anyone know anything about these and if they would be suitable?

or if anyone can recommend anything else feel free =]

Your tank is way too small for malawi chichlids.

You can check into Endlers.

Endlers love to shoal and have really neat colors.

And you could easily get away with 10 males Endlers in your size tank. :good:

-FHM
 
Thritto. I would get rid of the shark and then you will have several options for stocking your ten gallon.
 
Yes, whatever you do don't put a shoal of fish in with that albino shark! It will terrorise them. Am saying this from experience of learning the hard way LOL

When they are small the sharks can appear quite docile and friendly (yep, I went through that phase of saying "but MY shark is different...he's so friendly!"), but wait till they reach 3 or 4" and then their true personality comes out in full force!

As I was explaining on another thread just now - they are very territorial fish and need a good area span to dominate within a tank. In a 10 gallon tank he will see the whole tank as HIS turf, so woe betide any other fish you put in there with him LOL

Athena
 
I can't bear to get rid of her though =[ she was my first fish!

I did have tetras and they were fine she doesnt nip, infact the betta caused a lot more trouble than the shark, he was mean!

Ive learnt that she only gets annoyed with anything a bit bigger than her so she feels threatened

shes fully grown right now and i havent had a casulty yet! *fingers crossed*

I should just leave her on her own?

or is there anything that can handle itself?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top