Tank too clean?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SnailPocalypse

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I noticed a Nitrogen deficiency in my S.repens yesterday and I thought Hm must be something else.Well I tested my nitrate and it said 0.So I thought what if it is out dated?Tested on other tank 20 ppm of nitrate.So I am feeding the fish more and I put some O+ under the plants since it has 15% Nitrogen.Sound good?

If O+ is osmocote + then I'd say NO. It's not a good idea to use terrestrial ferts in a fish tank as they often release a lot of unwanted urea. Instead you might use root tabs for planted tanks (like Seachem Flourish root tabs) and a good all purpose fert like say Flourish Comprehensive, Thrive, or Aquarium Co-ops Easy Green.

What fish and plants do you have? (It's very unlikely in most systems to have zero nitrates).

Tank on,
-Mike

Neon tetras and danios.Also I must say I did extensive research on this product and it is fine.I have went through places like planted tank and others and it has been said it is fine.I have seen no problems with fish just great things with plants.

Opinions vary....I can only extend my advice based on 50+ years in the hobby. I feel that terrestrial chemical fertilizers are just too harsh on fish and I wouldn't use them, just as I would be very hesitant to use products like Excel or Metricide.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back