tank sizes....

steppy104

Grarr
Reaction score
i have a tank for my crabs that is about 1ft wide, 30in long, and 1 1/2ft tall. i thought this was a 40 gallon, but my friend just gave me her tank which is the same width and length, but it's about 2ft tall and she thinks it is a 40 gallon. does any one know wut gallon these are?

steppy104 said:
i have a tank for my crabs that is about 1ft wide, 30in long, and 1 1/2ft tall. i thought this was a 40 gallon, but my friend just gave me her tank which is the same width and length, but it's about 2ft tall and she thinks it is a 40 gallon. does any one know wut gallon these are?
using inches...
LxHxW x0.003604649 = UK gallons

UK to US multiply that answer by 1.20095

so
30x12x18 = 28 us gals
30x12x24 = 37.5 us gals

P.S.
could you resize your sig pic a tad.... its bigger than a 1024x screen and means i have to scroll to read your text...

cool - no scrolling :)

they will actually hold less water than that... thickness of glass, fill level and of course decor all take water space out.

ya...i kno...i just couldn't figure out wut i had. lol. i didn't know how the equation stuff to find out wut gallons they were. jus thought it would be nice to actually know how big my tank is...i feel stupid when someone asks how big it is, and i'm like "oh it's about this * * wide and this * * tall..." it's alot easier just to say "i have a 29 gallon". lol. :thumbs:

hmmm...do i hear an excuse to buy just one more?? :p

lol...my parents don't want me to get ne more betta's...they're sick of seeing them.

Most reactions

Back