Tank Flow To Strong ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

psycho-killer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hey there,ok i have just got my new 270 liter tank and sump running and the skimmer,just 1 problem,,

my return pump is a submersible 4300 liter it pumps through a 25mm pvc pipe thats about all and all 1.3metres in total,i have an elbow that goes back into the tank so the problem is the substrate beneath the inlet gets blown open,will it help if i just put a piece of live rock in there under the inlet ? or maybe another elbow so that the flow goes into the leng of the tank instead of down

its about 17x the flow wich is good but its downward any ideas ?

thanks ppl

hey there,ok i have just got my new 270 liter tank and sump running and the skimmer,just 1 problem,,

my return pump is a submersible 4300 liter it pumps through a 25mm pvc pipe thats about all and all 1.3metres in total,i have an elbow that goes back into the tank so the problem is the substrate beneath the inlet gets blown open,will it help if i just put a piece of live rock in there under the inlet ? or maybe another elbow so that the flow goes into the leng of the tank instead of down

its about 17x the flow wich is good but its downward any ideas ?

thanks ppl

add another bend ?

ok i have put in another bend , the flow runs over the leng of the tank in the middle,will the flow be to strong or will it be ok like this ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back