Suitable Tank Mates For Dwarf Gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ant_Soton

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have in my larger tank 6 neons, two dwarf gouramis, four bronze corrys (soon to be 6) and a plec. Should this be alright?
I have noticed on of my gouramis had a slightly shorter fin? (them long danfly things) on one side than the other. Is this something to be worried about? Is he being attacked by other fish?? I have seen the two gouramis messing around but i didn't think they were actually fighting !!

I have in my larger tank 6 neons, two dwarf gouramis, four bronze corrys (soon to be 6) and a plec. Should this be alright?
I have noticed on of my gouramis had a slightly shorter fin? (them long danfly things) on one side than the other. Is this something to be worried about? Is he being attacked by other fish?? I have seen the two gouramis messing around but i didn't think they were actually fighting !!

Yup, sounds like fighting. Someone's nipping at him for sure if their trailers start going missing. Do you have two males or a male and female in there?

Yup, sounds like fighting. Someone's nipping at him for sure if their trailers start going missing. Do you have two males or a male and female in there?

Two males

Two males

I would suggest you rehome one - the two recommended ways of keeping dwarf gourami is either one single male or one male two females. Males are like bettas, they'll fight and one will usually end up harassed to death.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back