Suggestions Please =)

JustKia

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire, UK
Can I get some suggestions on either a small school of small fish or a couple of "centrepiece" fish that will go with my current stocking, I don't want anything big or aggressive.
Right now I've got 125L tank with a Fluval 405 external filter, stock: 6 danios, 6 corydoras, 8 neon tetras, 6 kuhli loaches plus shrimp and snails, oh and two tiny tiddlers (that I believe are either endlers or guppies - they hitch-hiked in with the shrimp). I know by the "inch per gallon" I'm classed as overstocked but the kuhlis are low on the bioload, none of the fish are "messy fish". My tank is also quite well planted with plenty of hiding areas, caves, bogwood, etc.
I was going to be adding 6 Harlequin Rasboras but unfortunately they died in QT while being treated for fungus. Hubby isn't keen to get more rasboras.
It'd be nice to get something with a bit of colour.
I'd thought maybe a couple of dwarf gouramis - only I'm bit concerned about them being too inbred and weak.
So, peaceful, smallish, colourful suggestions please =)
 
I think you could get away with another small shoal or a couple of centrepiece fish.
Could try:

Honey Gourami - hardier than Dwarf Gourami but just as pretty.
Dwarf Neon Rainbow - good community fish.
Pair of Czech Rams - can be quite sensitive though.
Flame Tetra - stunning when they mature.
Pentazona Barbs - peaceful member of the Barb family!
 
As always I shall say a nice 8 sized shoal of Praecox Rainbows (dwarf neons more commonly known as). I know I recommend them ALOT to people, but they are beautiful fish, very peaceful, easy to care for and brighten up any tank.

Minx the rainbowfish lover will now leave quietly :lol:
 
The rams and rainbows are very pretty but my concern about them both is the requirement for about pH6.5, mine is about pH7.4-7.6
Would that be a problem?
 
Had my rams and my rainbows in ph 7.8. Whilst rams are much more sensitive, so long as they are tank bred (which they usually are) you shouldnt have a problem with them, the rainbows dont actually need a soft acidic water, they have been found in the wild in ph up to 8.5! They dont actually like the lower ph.

Edit, I should add thats a varying ph for many species of rainbows not specifically for the praecox, just trying to say that your ph is perfectly fine for them.
 
That sounds hopeful then.
Next to see what the LFS (the good one LOL) has available or can get a hold of.
 
hahaha typicalminx reccomending preacox glad u mentioned them to me :) and yea i will reccommend them even more so when i get them
 

Most reactions

Back
Top