Suggestions For Some Larger Community Tankmates

tintin

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I've had a bad week for losing some big fish - all in strange circumstances, given that I was away from the house for less than 48 hours and in that time both my 3 year old angels died and my mature gold sucking loach has vanished without a trace (seriously, he's gone and I have no idea where!)

Anyway, now over the initial upset and happy that the tanks mets are ok and all fish are fine (which they are), I wanted to start looking at replacing these larger tankmates with some others.

Would 2 or 3 parrot fish be ok? I've not kept them before. Or any other suggestions?

Thanks, in advance.

TT.

2872210240_99275901d2_b.jpg
 
Whats the size of the tank - looks to be about 200L?

A couple of bigger gourami's would look good in that setup. Are all the angels in your tank dead? Because they eat neon's in the wild, and if any are left they could well polish off the neon's in your tank when they get bigger.
 
Yup, both angels, sadly. -_- (The white one in the photo was the larger of the two.)

I've always deliberately got the largest neons the lfs had and they never showed any interest.

I do have a couple of pearl gouramis which are cool but I would like something different. Any other suggestions?
 
Think I saw something like moonlight gourami's...better looking than pearls, and bigger. I'll do some digging and see if I can find out which fish it was I'm talking about.

Another option is some varieties of rainbowfish - they prefer bigger groups but do look good - Boesemani's or similar.

**Edit:

Opaline Gourami. Google them for pic's, I think they look great:

http://www.fishforums.net/content/Labyrint...ourami-Opaline/
 
I'm going to sound like a complete tw*t but the gold sucking loach has just appeared. Honestly, I searched all over for him earlier. I have no idea where he was hiding. :look:

Still after some replacements for the two angels though.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top