Submersible Or Spot Light?

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has used either a submersible light or a submersible spot light in any of their tanks?

The tank Im getting for my texas cichlid doesnt have a hood to enable me to have lights in the traditional way, nor can I fix a light above it (space restrictions) so all that will be on the top of the tank will be a condensation cover just to stop him jumping out should the feeling take him to do so.

Ive seen on ebay two different sorts of lights that might work, but wanted some opinions as to whether these are any good. Its not a planted tank so its not an issue for plants, purely for my benefit really, as I dont suppose Tex gives a monkeys either way.

One is a tube (kinda like what you have in a hood) buts its submersible attached with suction cups. Or there are this spot light again submersible attached with suction cups (like you would put on a pond?). Not sure which would be better.

Any thoughts or anyone got any of these. As I say purely so I can see him during the daytime, so Im not looking for something bright or fancy.

Oh and would the light inside the tank bother him at all?

i was looking at these spot lights by Marina in dobbies the other day, they looked really good and availble in a variety of colours

5teady has spots in one of his tanks, looks cool, but then i would think so does a tube under water, when i was without a hood for jambo i slid a tube behind the tank....i hope the submersible one dont look that naff :lol:

tho i confess after seeing the marina spot lights in Dobbies i am tempted to get jambos tank done up like a traffic light :lol: not sure if they had suckers on tho or if they are lose ,in which case they wont last 5 mins :(

Most reactions

Back