Submersible Heater Not Working?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Pioneer

Reaction score
I have an Aqueon 150 watt in a 32 gallon tank. I have it set for 76 yet the digital thermometer reads 71. The little orange light is on so I know it's working, and it's only 3 days old. The only thing I can think of is my house temperature is 64 degrees.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Either the thermometer is far away and you're not getting good circulation or, more likely, the adjuster on the heater is pretty rough.

Raise it a couple degrees and keep an eye on your thermometer.

Is it a digital thermometer that goes inside the tank or the outside of the tank? The outside stick on ones are notoriously inaccurate. Get a stick on the inside thermometer.

If its an inside thermometer, then the gauge on the heater is off, turn it up til you find the correct temperature and keep an eye on it. If you still cant get a good stable temperature, then its time to invest in a new heater Im afraid :)

Update:

I have the temp maxed out and the digital therm. inside the tank still reads only 70.5

The heater light is on so I know it's working. Do you think my low house temperature of 67 is the problem? I think it should still be heating up better than that.

Sounds like a faulty heater to me, the house temp shouldnt effect it, the heater should heat the water to the temp you have it set at, unless of course you had it packed in ice LOL.

Most reactions

trending

Back