Stocking?

If you're referring to Cherry shrimp, the guy who sold me mine suggested - strongly - that I have a breeding population in a separate small tank, so that if the shrimp I eventually put in tanks with fish were munched on, I'd have more.
Well planted and with smaller fish is apparently still a risk - never mind with loaches...
 
Cant answer about crystal red shrimps, but cherry shrimps quite easily. I have hundreds. I dont know how long they live as i have do get deaths in my tank but without knowing when they were born its tricky to know how old they are. (I mean i have hundreds!!!!!) They are in a tank of endlers which dont touch them.
 
Well my water is 24-26 celsius,ph normally 7.8. Cherries are the easiest to breed, with amanos they will breed but the young wont survive as they need brackish water to grow up in. As long as you have good water quality ,the shrimps will thrive. Any ammonia or nitrite and they wont like it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top