Stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

iihay

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 49l tank stocked with 4 platys, 1 female betta, 1 pygmy cory (amazing little chap) 2 dwarf gouramis (males, bad news I know, one has already been away for a spell but I have him back again) Plus one other fish grows to 1.5" can't remember what it is at the moment!

Do I have room for more, if so what would work in here, something different, another pygmy cory perhaps?

Suggestions appreciated even f you think this is full as the second gourami is probably going to have to be rehomed anyway.

Cheers

Iain

the tank is approx 12 US gal, keeping gourami with bettas is very risky even if female, so i would return one or the other then up the cory to 4/5

the tank is approx 12 US gal, keeping gourami with bettas is very risky even if female, so i would return one or the other then up the cory to 4/5
Agreed, although I am interested in this "other fish" as being that size it is likely to be a schooling species which needs to live in a group of 5+

:good:

Agreed, although I am interested in this "other fish" as being that size it is likely to be a schooling species which needs to live in a group of 5+

When I get home I'll find out what it is, I'm travelling at the moment. It was on it's own in a tank at the LFS and my son spotted it. It may be hugely inappropriate but it does seem happy. Will let you know!

Iain

Back home and it's a black skirt tetra.

Iain

that definately needs to be in a school. tetras are naturaly schooling fish. they need to be in groups with at least 5-6.

As suspected. Your ither fish did turn out to be a schooling one and needs to be returned. It will not live a remotely happy or comfortable life on its own.

As suspected. Your ither fish did turn out to be a schooling one and needs to be returned. It will not live a remotely happy or comfortable life on its own.

Thanks chaps, your help is appreciated. I shall take it back or get a new tank! I have so much to learn but this is so addictive.

Iain

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back