Stocking Suggestions

xweeqtx

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
942
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Scotland, Nr Glasgow
Hi all!
I always mooch on here for stocking suggestions, but seem to always prefer my own posts :lol:
I have an idea what I'd like, but just needing to know exactly how it's going to work out/what I can actually have.

Now, the tank is L101cm x W40cm x H50cm. Somewhere between 180-200 litres?

I've got three Honey Gourami's planned. What else could I put in there? I've got a load of guppies, but I'm not really sure if I'm going to put any in.
I like German Blue Rams, and I quite like shoaling fish(danios, cardinals etc), like clown loaches, cories. Any suggestions for other fish to look at? Or a full stocking example maybe?
 
Hi all!
I always mooch on here for stocking suggestions, but seem to always prefer my own posts :lol:
I have an idea what I'd like, but just needing to know exactly how it's going to work out/what I can actually have.

Now, the tank is L101cm x W40cm x H50cm. Somewhere between 180-200 litres?

I've got three Honey Gourami's planned. What else could I put in there? I've got a load of guppies, but I'm not really sure if I'm going to put any in.
I like German Blue Rams, and I quite like shoaling fish(danios, cardinals etc), like clown loaches, cories. Any suggestions for other fish to look at? Or a full stocking example maybe?
clown loaches will grow too big for your tank so they would have to be rehomed eventually. german rams need a mature tank but they would be fine eventually.

a group or 2 of tetras or danios would be fine E.G say 10-15 cardinals and a group of cories would probably fit

hope this helps :good:
 
Hey Cara!!If you like blue rams,you may want to also look at bolivian rams (supposed to be hardier),or along similar lines and stuning,and relatively easy to get hold of,dwarf cockatoo cichlids.
 
Ooh, reaaaally liking those rams and the dwarf cockatoo cichlids! Would they be ok with the gouramis, yeah?

Oh I know BTT.
I've to go fork out yet again(savings are slowly dwindling..) for a new light unit tomorrow.
I have store credit in a shop, so hoping I can do something with that LOL.
My problem being is my car is an absolute thief with petrol so going aaaaall the way through there costs a fortune, then of course with ELA.. enough said.
 
thats about a 55gal tank. I like 4-line pictus catfish for bottom feeders, here is mine.

fish058.jpg
 
Whatever you do,hang out for the right fish.I'm an absolute nightmare,my big tanks been set up for months and I still can't decide what tetras to get.
I'd advise,purely personal of course,not to mix your shoaling fish,you'll get a much better impact with a larger shoal of one type,especially in a bigger tank.And yeh,the wee guys'll hold their own with just about any community fish.
 
Always had a thing for those rams, and those cockatoo cichlids are lovely too.
I'd rather have a big shoal than some wee shoals as well, just need to see what's about :good:
 
A large group of cories would be nice for a bottom crew,they're so active and entertaining when they've got a gang!And I've got a veiltail bristlenose who cleans up my algae great and is stunningly beautiful as plecs go,there's a guy in Glasgow breeds them (sells on eBay),but he'll let you pick up,you could get two or three of them,mine doesn't eat my plants at all.
 
I'm not really getting far..
So far I've got

3 x Honey Gourami

Would it have to be Bolivian Ram OR Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlid or are both able to be kept together, also what numbers?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top