Stocking Questions

speedy_987

New Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm not a total novice when it comes to fish keeping, but most of these are fish I've never had before so I'd like to check if they're okay together.

I'd like to have:
3-4 clown loaches
1 gold severum
1 blood parrot
1 kissing gourami
2 blue rams
5 kuhli loaches

All in the same 125 gallon tank.

To start with that is, I'll add a few more fish eventually, probably 5-6 larger(i.e. 2-inch) schooling fish like black skirt tetra or something. Don't worry, my tank went through a fishless cycle and I've got a fine substrate.

Also, I've heard Clown loaches are suseptible to a disese called ick. What exactly is that? None of my fish have ever had any kind of illness, so I don't know what it is.
 
Could I put any other school fish in there, or is it already pushing it as it is?
 
you have 15 fish on your list... you have 125 gallons. thats 8 gallons per fish.... you have more then enough room for more fish.. whatd you have in mind?
 
Maybe some mollies. I saw some really nice silver ones the other day. They actually seemed to glow. Or some barbs. I'm not really sure. Any recomendations?
 
Personally i really like gouramis...


Mollies would be fine, i dont care for them, just to easy of a fish to take care of...

you could get more bottom feeders, Corys, Yoyo loaches, you still have alot of play room.
 
I have a dwarf flame gourami in a 15 gallon, but I'm not a huge fan of them(something 'bout the little feeler things). Are there any nice looking 3-4 inch fish that are blue, other than 3 spotted gourami?
 
blue-turquoise-discus.jpg


;)
 
Arewn't discus super hard to take care of?(and don't they get to be like 12"?)
 
they arnt hard if you know what you are doing and your water is really good. and yes they get big, but you have a 125 gallon tank, thats a big tank... im not an expert on discus but im like 90% sure you can keep them in that size tank
 
they arnt hard if you know what you are doing and your water is really good. and yes they get big, but you have a 125 gallon tank, thats a big tank... im not an expert on discus but im like 90% sure you can keep them in that size tank
I would get about 4 to keep them happy. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top