Stocking My New 55gallon Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishkrazy1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey! I've had my 55 gallon set up for a while with south american cichlids but their becoming a problem because of the 3 oscars... I know... 3 OSCARS!? IN A 55 GALLON TANK?! IS THIS GUY CRAZY?! Ya I feel the same way I don't think it's very fair of me to have them in such a tiny tank even if the biggest is only 5" so I'm gettin rid of my babbies to my friends fish store... Anyways I'll be restarting my tank soon and I need some help my stocking ideas are:

15 tiger barbs
6-8 rosy barbs
1 clown knife (he in regardless)
3-5 cory cats
and 1 iridecent shark...

Would this stocking rate work or should I say forget the shark and add some more tigers or rosys?

Any help would be really appriciated Thanks much guys!

Hmm...that sounds fine, yeh defiantly drop the ID Shark tho, he will get a just little too big :rolleyes:
soo yeh id ethier add 2 R barbs or 4 tiger barbs

Get a few more Rosy barbs and Corys. They'll be much happier. Don't get any more tiger barbs, though, or else thye'll split into two groups and attack each other.

yea no iridecent shark

i just had to rehome mine - i have 55 gal to

got 14 inch wouldn't stop growing

clown knife -- are great

clown knife -- are great

:D I agree!!!! I love my little one about 3" right now I know he'll get bigger but Oh well :p I'm getting a 90 gallon soon :) anyways thanks for the input I'll no longer have the ID shark... But what about this?

1 Clown knife (oviously)
25 tiger barbs
10 rosys ( 6 males 4 females)
3 cory cats and 1 Pleco?

Think that'll be good? I mean I know it's 40 fish... but I've also got plenty of filtration and a large enough air pump that there will be enough oxygen to go around... Any comments on that stocking rate? I think it'll look really nice... But I'd still rather not have all my fish die... any suggestions are helpful guys thanks much :D

More cories, less tiger barbs
like 18 tiger barbs, 10 cories
and for the Roseys, do 6 females, 4 males :)

New theory!

20 Tiger Barbs
10 Rosy Barbs (6 female, 4 males)
6 cory cats
1 clown loach
1 yoyo botai
1 common pleco and mabye a school of 10 neons just because they are cute :p

Any thoughts? Drop the neons mabye and get like 25 tigers or 14 rosys?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back