Stocking Levels

ChrisXL

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 2, 2008
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Surrey
My cycling is finally over! :D I'm done with daily water changes (touch wood), and I'm ready to start stocking my tank. Fed my Danios this morning, and came back to find perfect quality water :)

Anyway, this is my plan for about 1-1.5 months time. I would just like to know whether I will be stocked, or understocked.
Tank details-
120l Juwel Rekord
LxWXH - 101x31x46cm
4 Live plants
3 good pieces of bogwood

the plan:
4x Zebra Danio
3x Candy Stripe Loach
4x Neon blue dwarf gourami (Would a pair be better than 4?)
10x Cardinal Tetra (will look great with the dwarfs)
1x Green Phantom L200 (in a few months maybe)

Is this a good stocking plan? Any room for anymore?
My Zebra Danios may be going to a mate who would like them to start his tank off.

Thanks
 
Habitat-wise, candy stripe loaches (also known as zebra loaches) will not suit the gourami's- gourami's love tanks will slow/gentle warm water current and lots of plants to dwell amongst, while candy stripe loaches prefer sandy tanks with cool fast-flowing and well aerated water current.
I would personally choose either the gourami's or the candy stripe loaches as you can't really make a habitat in the tank that will really suit both groups of fish. The neons and cardinals will be more suited to the gourami's habitat, while the danio's will be more suited to the candy stripe loaches habitat.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top