Stocking Fry Tank Question

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
I had to use my hospital tank last week for a batch of eggs. The tank is 18"x12". The fry are just about a week old and swimming about all over the place, there must be 50+ fry. I am running an aquaball internal filter (which is suitable for a 200l tank) which is on its lowest setting and doing daily water changes. How long can they stay in this size tank?
 
What type of fish are the fry? With that filtration and doing daily water changes they should be fine for a few weeks.
 
They are an accident lol. They are a cross between a firemouth and an Eliotti cichlid. My poor hubby is having a fruit because I was suppose to be selling my 3ft tank. I really didnt think I would get this many fry, I usually have no luck with babies!
 
They are an accident lol. They are a cross between a firemouth and an Eliotti cichlid. My poor hubby is having a fruit because I was suppose to be selling my 3ft tank. I really didnt think I would get this many fry, I usually have no luck with babies!

lol.
They should be fine in a 3ft for ages. Just tell hubby you're entering a competition for best hybrid fish!
 
Looks like I am keeping the 3ft then lol. Will they be ok in the small tank for another couple of weeks?
 
If you keep up the water changes then yes.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top