Stocking For 110 Litre (24 Uk Gallons/29 Us Gallons)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Assaye

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Tank - 110 litre (24 gallons)
Substrate - sand and fine gravel
Filter - Interpet PF3, 800 l/hr flow with carbon, ceramic rings for the bacteria and mechanical filtration
Plants - hydrophila corymbosa 'siamensis', echinodorus mini fleur, anubias nana bonzai, juncus repens, hydrophila guanensis, hair grass (just listing their labels, lol)
Decorations - bog wood
Temp - 27 degrees C
pH - 7.5

It's nearly cycled, but we've had a bit of a blip so I doubt I'll be stocking for a month or so =(

Ideal stocking -

1 pair german blue rams
Trio of cockatoo dwarf cichlids

What else would be suitable? I have 4 corys that ideally need a bigger home - could they go in? What do I need to change to make the tank suitable for the cichlids? I know I need more hiding places - I'll be raiding my mother's potting shed when I get home!

I already have a shrimp and 7 neons in another tank, so don't really want to put similar beasties in this one. I'll be swapping the corys in my 60 litre for pygmy corys if I can move the corys into this tank.

What other plants would you recommend?

your tank is 24 gallons...so therefore you can only comfortably accommodate one pair of dwarf cichlids

Is that as the only fish in the tank, or I could have other fish but no more dwarf cichlids?

I'm curious as to why they need so much space, as they don't get very big (3 inches?) - is it an aggression and terriatory thing?

your tank is 24 gallons...so therefore you can only comfortably accommodate one pair of dwarf cichlids

Is that as the only fish in the tank, or I could have other fish but no more dwarf cichlids?

I'm curious as to why they need so much space, as they don't get very big (3 inches?) - is it an aggression and terriatory thing?
you can have other fish just no dwarf cichlids...its to do with aggression and territory yes

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back