Stocking Advice Please

flippajh

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wimborne, Dorset
Am after a bit of advice please.

I have just acquired an established 40 gallon, 32" wide x 16" deep x 28" high aqua one with external filter.

I currently have in it (very tetra heavy!)

4 White Skirt Tetra, 5 glowlight tetra, 4 x-ray tetra, 2 red eye tetra, 2 neon tetra (left from a batch of 6), 6 harlequin rasbora, 2 swordtails, 1 anorexic silver shark.

I will be re-homing the silver shark.

I want to get some larger colourful (characters) fish and have been looking at a selection from the following and wondered if they would go or anyone had any recommendations.

I like, female Bettas, German Blue Rams, Angelfish, Killifish, dwarf Gouramis and keyhole cichlids.

Are there any other small cichlids that would be ok?

I would also like a/some bottom feeders and after having to return two Gibbiceps, would like something that can stay with me for the duration, not have to be re-homed due to becoming monsters!

Plus a big thanks to Nelly for the advice so far!


Thanks
 
I wouldn't put long finned fish in like the Angels. Female Bettas may also be at risk.

Tetras, IME are one of the worst fin nippers.


I'm not big on Ciclids but I could recommend Corys or BN Plecs as bottom dwellers :good:
 
Thanks for that, they've been ok so far, but they've only had a few guppies, nothing with major fins and the guppies stay near the surface out of their way I suppose.

I popped into a shop on the way home to get the dogs some food and thought I'd have a wander through the fish section. They have some lovely Bolivian Rams, would they be ok do you think, they're about 2" at the moment?

They also had some nice swordtails, maybe I could up the stocking on the current level.

I have 3 Cory Melanistius in with Boris my Betta in another tank, they're great little fish.

Will keep looking, if I see something I like I'll ask for advice.

Thanks
 

Most reactions

Back
Top