Stocking A 100 L

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

josh63762

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hay all I am restoring my 100L and I wanted what would be best to put in so my tank looks full and colorful

Hi there

100l i consider small! but there are options, i had a 110l aqurium filled with female bettas or female fighting fish they will not fight but you must keep a mininum  of 6-8, they can be very colourful and will not attack plants.  i will send you a picture of my females (not in there normal aquarium)

That's a really broad question - your best bet is to see what your LFS have available, note down what you like the look of, then post on here, and we can tell you what would work, what wouldn't, and maybe some alternatives to consider.

Depends on the dimensions. I personally love cichlids and in a tank that size you could manage something small like an Apistogramma species, A. Agassizi being a peaceful an colourful option. If you wanted something more unusual and were willing to go single-species, 3 to 4 Lyretail Checkerboard Cichlids (Dicrossus Filamentosus) would look great and provide an active and colourful tank, although these are not for the beginner. Anabantoids are another colourful group and Dwarf Gouramis are a popular choice, but there are other species (too many to list) available too. Tetras are also another active and colourful option and there are many species to choose from. Hope this helps.
smile.png

If you feel up to it you could get a pair of clowns, a royal gramma, a sixline wrasse, a pair of highfin gobies, a randall's pistol shrimp, one or two neon gobies, three cleaner shrimps, a few blue legged hermits and a few snails.

Zante said:
If you feel up to it you could get a pair of clowns, a royal gramma, a sixline wrasse, a pair of highfin gobies, a randall's pistol shrimp, one or two neon gobies, three cleaner shrimps, a few blue legged hermits and a few snails.

Tropical thread not marine :p

techen said:

Tropical thread not marine
tongue2.gif

Tropical marine suggestion ;)

Colonel Dibble said:
Tetras. Can't go wrong with tetras,

Depends on which tetra species you mean ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back