Stocking 190l Trigon

Mr Spoon

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
493
Reaction score
3
Points
18
Location
East Sussex
Ok, I got 6 pokadot loaches, thinking about a group of tiger barbs, are there any ciclids that would go with these fish ?
 
They do look nice, I just had a look at some pictures on google. Still want tigers though. Do you know if there's any ciclids that will be ok with them and my loaches?
 
Convicts, firemouths, sajica, spilurus, festivum, blue acara and maybe a jack dempsey. Obviously don't put one of each in the tank. Make a post in the new world cichlid forum unless you're after some african cichlids?

I'd avoid more then one convict though as even one can be overly aggressive. Not sure how festivums will go with tiger barbs I guess it depends on how vicious the barbs are, otherwise should be ok. 190L would be the minimum you could keep a single jack dempsey in and you might lose the barbs once it's grown. Blue acara are relatively peaceful but you'd be looking at either a pair or singularly.

edit: I wrote all that thinking rectangular tank, probably want to avoid jack dempsey and not exceed one blue acara in your case. You'd be looking at 2-6 cichlids max depending on which species and their temperament anyway.

You could always try dwarf cichlids, apistos, rams, keyholes, kribensis etc.
 
Convicts, firemouths, sajica, spilurus, festivum, blue acara and maybe a jack dempsey. Obviously don't put one of each in the tank. Make a post in the new world cichlid forum unless you're after some african cichlids?

I'd avoid more then one convict though as even one can be overly aggressive. Not sure how festivums will go with tiger barbs I guess it depends on how vicious the barbs are, otherwise should be ok. 190L would be the minimum you could keep a single jack dempsey in and you might lose the barbs once it's grown. Blue acara are relatively peaceful but you'd be looking at either a pair or singularly.

edit: I wrote all that thinking rectangular tank, probably want to avoid jack dempsey and not exceed one blue acara in your case. You'd be looking at 2-6 cichlids max depending on which species and their temperament anyway.

You could always try dwarf cichlids, apistos, rams, keyholes, kribensis etc.
Thanks meguro, I don't no much about ciclids but want to have a go at keeping some. . I'm going to look into your suggestions in your last sentance.
 
I think I'm going to go with kribs for my 190L tank, they will be in with pokadot loach and tiger barbs, is this ok and how many kribs would be good for them to be happy? And is it best to get a mix of male and females.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top