Stock: To Much Or Just Right?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
well I just got some wood and fish today which brings my stock of each tank to:

Tank 1:

1 Platy
1 Molly
2 Oto

Tank 2:

2 AFD
2 Dwarf Platy
1 Oto
1 Green Cory

So is it to much, have room or just right? Everyone seems happy right now and the tank stats are fine for both tanks. both filters are fully cycled and I can toss an extra filter in either tank if it needs better filtration.
 
The ADFs in a small tank like that will need more filtration I think, not that I have kept them, but I hear they can be good poopers :lol:

US or UK gallons? Either way they are both under 12 litres in capacity so can't be that big, which makes me think the cory will need a bigger tank for floor space.

The smaller tank has more bioload in than the bigger of the two I think.

What are the dimensions of both tanks?
 
here are pics of my tanks.

Tank 1:

100_1109.jpg


Tank 2:

100_1113.jpg
 
Tank one looks really crowded with the ornaments..

:) But its fine with a platy and molly. Idk bout the otos, since i've never really had experience/know of em. all i know is they're little like neons. >:)

Tank two, just asking but what is that black thing? Those bubbles make it look like it has eyes. :D

Anyways, wouldn't the cory need room? Also, the ADF's need space to move around. It looks small for it. What's the "/cm of the cory?
 
the AFD have good room to move around and tend to be active still. they also like to hide under that giant chunk of wood in there and everything inside the tank besides the Cory is under an inch. The Cory is 1.5in tops so I'm not to worried about that right now. That's also wood you see in tank two, I put a small chunk in there for the oto since they need wood in there.
 
oh lulz. The stock is good. i think you should change the cory into your 50 when its done cycle and get a few other ADFs.


I know my adfs, they love company. :#
 

Most reactions

Back
Top