Still got white spot afetr 6 days

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

chishnfips

WHAT! You went over my Helmet!
Reaction score
:sick: My fish have white spot I have been treating them with king british white spot treatmnt for the last six days but it still doesn't seem to be clearing up. Should I do a 50% water change and them treat the again. I have put the temperature up to 26 degrees too.

oh it says at the top of this forum in the pinned articles that I should do a 50% water change.

hi
i used king british too and it didnt really help. i had ich for six weeks and i finally changed to protozin and it worked in a week. when using any medication thats green you need to switch off your tank lights and cover the tank to keep it dark. mallachite in the meds needs to have darkness to work effectively. hope this helps. im from elgin by the way :D

as for water changes do a 50% water change and wait 48 hours when changing meds. when you do a waterchange use a vaccuum gravel cleaner to really get in to the gravel where the little beasts live. ich can be very stubborn to get rid of so you may have to be patient. even if you see no spots keep medicating for an extra 3 days and another big gravel clean at the end.

:cool: I work in Elgin On A Wednesday and a Friday I live in Nairn, so somedays I work In the Inverness office and other days I work in the Elgin Office.

Yeh I got my treatment from Birnies in the high street he seemed to think that it would clear up the Ich in no time but I think he was talking crap. Cheers For that Catch ya Later.

As has been said the Protozin is very effective. Another treatment that I have found works very quickly is the WSP whitespot 48hr treatment.

Hope you get it sorted soon as I have a similar problem with fish scratching.

Jon :)

I have used king british white spot control before and it worked fine for me. The trick with treating ich is patience. There is no quick cure. Keep medicating and dont forget you need to continue treatment for a couple of doses after the spots have gone.

If you have any active carbon in your filter, remove this while you're treating :)

Hi black angel i have ich/white spot on my cardinal tetras poor little guys :-(

I really want to cure them of this parasite so i have purchased Protozin which i seen you were talking about.

It says here use for 3 days then miss for 2 days and treat on again. Did u find this was sufficient??

Should i turn off the lights in my tank as well for a few days ??

Most reactions

Back