Sterbai Behaviour

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stoneagedinosaur

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all

I have 4 sterbai. One keeps disappearing for days at a time. I keep thinking that it's popped it's clogs and been finished off by the plecos and shrimps and then it appears again.

Is this normal? Does it indicate anything? (Would love some fry...)

Cheers

Stonagedinosaur

It is trying to tell you that it needs more individuals in the group, another two at least ;)

Goat looking at his stocklist there are 2 peppers in there also so adding more wouldnt make a difference would it? I know they are a different type but does it matter so much?

Going on what I've read, a group of the same species will make each individual happier.

On that basis, another four Peppered are in order... Well spotted walkers!;)

A replacement colour for that hidious fluorescent yellow in the sig is needed too, colours like that could be used to conceal a just hatched Great White Shark is in a community and we would never know!
laugh.gif

corys are happier in larger groups of the same species. personally i wouldnt keep any less than 6 of each. they may swim with other species but when they are all the same species they are much more happier and playfull.....

could you exchange the 2 peppered for 2 sterbai?
corys do have a very small effect on the filters bioload so you may get away with another 6

I agree you do get more activity out of bigger group of the same species,most of mine are groups of 6 or more except the albinos,of which i have 3 ,just discovered theres 2 females & 1 male has they've just started spawning and now have fry :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back