Starting A List For My Comunity Tank

onebto

Fish Herder
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Surrey England
Well I have just started my fishless cycle got some pictures will post them with some water stats soon.

But for now I am doing some research on fish for my Aquarium for the main I am using the fish index in this forum one or two I can not find which I kinda like the look of.

Well my Tank details are in my signature below my water Ph is 7.6 (not sure if that is good or bad yet still learning)

Okay I will start slow what do we know about Rainbow fish ?

I understand they are pretty plain looking as young but are amazingly coloured as adults , shoal fish recommended 6 and above ? mid level swimmers , and apparently they can move like hidey wholes but also need some space to swim with there buddy's

So have I got it write or the web site I found more as lol.

I would like one shoal group in my community tank and originally I wanted tetras but I understand they prefer mature tanks ? so hows about Rainbows ?
 
Would have said that Rainbows are more fussy than tetras TBH IME. Unless it's neons, cardinals or rummynoses, I'd stick to the origional plan of some tetras in the tank to start off...

All the best
Rabbut
 
zebra danios would be a good starting shoaler, they are very boistrous though...

but once your tank has matured 6 months down the line i would add neons cardinals or rummy noses as mentioned above.

in experience i find neons the hardest
then cardinals
than rummy nose tetras
 
Cool that was quick so any of these tetras would be okay in a new cycled tank ? neons, cardinals or rummynoses and better than rainbows ?

I know its impossible but I am trying to get things write first time lol I know I know well the intentions there thanks for your input rabbut and truckasauras123 :thanks:
 
Cool that was quick so any of these tetras would be okay in a new cycled tank ? neons, cardinals or rummynoses and better than rainbows ?

I know its impossible but I am trying to get things write first time lol I know I know well the intentions there thanks for your input rabbut and truckasauras123 :thanks:

neons, cardinals, rummy noses and rainbows are VERY picky with there water conditions, and are not suited to a new tank. i suggest some hardy danio's
 
just remember if you have anything with big or long fins, make sure the danios are in a large group and be carfeul as they can be right little buggers with fin nipping.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top