Hi, I live a in a small town of about 10,000 people. The closest place to buy stock for me is my local wal-mart. The next closest place is a Locally owned pet store which is about 40 miles away.
Many times when I go to wal-mart I check out the fish, often the number of dead floaters rivals the swimmers. Many times there are people standing around wanting to buy fish but no one in the department there to catch them. Almost every time I go into wal-mart I hear, "customer service to the fish" Most the the people standing around look confused and wonder what fish they should get, and how they should care for it. Of course the wal-mart folks generally have no idea how to answer.
In the back of my mind for the last year has been the idea to open a fish/pet store. Its one of those ideas that keeps comming to mind and I keep dismissing, but continuely gets harder to dismiss.
I am currently employed as a teacher, and would never want to give up that job, but my wife has always talked about owning a store of some kind. She also enjoys carring for lots of difference pets.
Anyway it seems to me that the demand is there, but I'm sure there is a million things I haven't thought about.
Anyone ever tried to have a fish store and have any input or can give me good reason to quit thinking about the idea.
Thanks
Many times when I go to wal-mart I check out the fish, often the number of dead floaters rivals the swimmers. Many times there are people standing around wanting to buy fish but no one in the department there to catch them. Almost every time I go into wal-mart I hear, "customer service to the fish" Most the the people standing around look confused and wonder what fish they should get, and how they should care for it. Of course the wal-mart folks generally have no idea how to answer.
In the back of my mind for the last year has been the idea to open a fish/pet store. Its one of those ideas that keeps comming to mind and I keep dismissing, but continuely gets harder to dismiss.
I am currently employed as a teacher, and would never want to give up that job, but my wife has always talked about owning a store of some kind. She also enjoys carring for lots of difference pets.
Anyway it seems to me that the demand is there, but I'm sure there is a million things I haven't thought about.
Anyone ever tried to have a fish store and have any input or can give me good reason to quit thinking about the idea.
Thanks








