Spray Bar Broken

OR.........

You could just use your finger to plug it? hahahaha probaly need to work in shifts with someone tho :hey:

Cork mite be a bit porus so you might get a wee bit of water pushing through it unless its sealed with something. Although the plastic corks (though i dont think there made of cork) the ones you get sometimes in wine might be a bit better but it would all depend on the diameter of your spray bar hole. Or a small rubber bouncy ball glued into the end might also work (remember and have a wee play with it though :good: )

I have used a candle In one tank when cutting the spray bar down. I cut it so it was slightly too thick and pushed about an inch in and cut the rest off, pulled the whick out and melted the end to seal it back up.

Had held fast for 12 months with no issue

What unknown things did the candle leach into the water though? Not an ideal solution IMO with the huge variety of candles out there with colours, perfumes, etc. not to mention what the actual candle is made from. I would stick to something inert and have peace of mind.

It's a fair point, we perhaps already have better, more cautious suggestions.

It was a standard white, none scented stick and with wax having a tendancy of bring pretty much "water proof" I've assumed that it wouldn't dissolve at all. I could well be wrong

Thanks to all for the ideas.

i found the bit that fell of as i have had a strip down i needed to remove some fish so in my malawi tank so that mean all the rock out :crazy:

anyway i cut some slits in the tube and used a cable tie :hyper:

IMG_1002.jpg

nice... :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back