Sphagnum Peat Moss

Alps

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
seattle, Washington
Anyone ever tried it?, someone recommended it to me to use instead of fluval peat because it is cheaper.

- my dilemma is that I have found a whitney farms sphagnum peat moss here and I am unsure if organic means "no additives". I can't find any info on how they process it but find organic all over.

thanks,

Jon
 
Never heard of sphagnum moss being used in filters tbh - I do however use it for the GALS, and have had no probs with toxins/chemicals or anything.
 
organic would refer to the non-use of pesticides;
however sphagnum peat moss is a raw product and would contain bacteria and possibly other bugs that may or may not be harmful in an aquarium.

peat sold as for use in aquariums has been irradiated to kill anything nasty and would be the safest option.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top