"special Needs" Fish?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Anthony!

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Alright, I have a 10 gallon with a juvenile GSP, and it's tank is directly opposite my television. Every night when I come to bed, it is asleep, so I cover it's front side with a towel or a shirt so the TV dosen't wake it up.

After some thinking, that is really more comical than I thought, does anybody do anything "special" like that for their fish? I figured this might be a fun topic to poke fun at each other. :p

edit: spelling

do you cover it to stop the sound or the moving picture on the tv ?

IMO, covering from the sound wont make any difference

the sound of the tv wouldnt get far into an aquarium unless it was really loud.

most fish hear using their lateral line, detecting any vibrations, so thuds and music "bass" will have more affect on the fish.

I dont do anything special for my fish.

I don't really do anthing special. Just try not to turn the light on in the middle of the night whilst they are resting. :)

if i need to turn on the lights at night i'll turn on the room lights from farther away to closer so they dont get spooked

i usually feed my fish in order depending on the diffrent foods im feedin them. for example, i feed my parrot fish first the flakes (like the veggies) then the shrimp (the meat) then the goldfish pellets, which he really likes, so i call it dessert. :D

i fo the same thing as u papasmurf- cos my tanks is in my room and im usually up late i put 3 binbags over the front glass, so they can get a good sleep B)

When I do water changes and the snails are above the new water line I'll either slide them back down into the water or slow the syphon down so they can turn around on their own and go to the bottom of the tank. Sometimes when I'm feeling patient I'll hold onto their shells and wait for them to go wherever they want to go. I held onto my wild stripped female for about 20 mintes as she travelled all the way to the top of the tank, walked along the tippy-top, lost interest, and crawled back down the side.

Yeah, and you thought just throwing a towel over the tank was odd!

My albino betta is almost completely blind, so to make finding his dinner easier for him, I practically put it in his mouth :|
I use a pipette to pick up one food item at a time, usually frozen bloodworm or brine shrimp, and place the pipette at his mouth. He will bite at it, and it's then that I squeeze the food out and into his mouth... we do this every single day :lol:

....Whaaat? If I didn't do it he'd swim around for hours trying to find food by bumping into it with his nose :p

hahaha! i came VERY close to buying an Eyeless Moor, he looked so bad, i wanted to help him out but i couldn't get it because i didn't have a tank ready for it...... if i had done it it would have been alot of work though...

Most reactions

Back